9/6/08
We went shopping at a little marketplace and didn't find anything exciting to bring back for the kids. So we headed up north to a place called Queen's Bath. We knew where a little parking spot was at the trail head, but everytime we had gone before, it was full. The weird thing about Hawai'i is that very little is marked: beaches, trails, etc. We had to ask some people how to find Queen's Bath. Anyway, the parking lot was full again. I told Devon I would jump out and walk down the trail to see what it was like and if it was worth it then I would drive around while he walked down. The trail was really steep in places and there were lots of waterfalls on the way down. It was gorgeous. Just the trail alone was awesome to walk on. I passed a few people coming up the trail and so I figured Devon would probably get a parking space at last and follow me down. As I got to the bottom of the trail I stopped and turned and in a minute Devon appeared. We were at the shore: not a sandy beach, it was a bunch of lava rock. It was so beautiful. We followed the shore to the left and found Queen's Bath. I can't tell you how gorgeous it is there. It is a crescent shaped tide pool. People were snorkeling and swimming. Devon and I jumped in and swam and explored. There were lots of fish and when we got out, back on the lava rock, we saw 3 turtles swimming just offshore. That was cool. They are so fun to watch. If any of you ever go to Kaua'i, don't miss Queen's Bath!
It was lunch time so we stopped at Tropical Taco in Hanalei. The fish tacos were way good. We were stuffed but figured it was our last time to get some shave ice, so we stopped and got some. We could hardly force it down. Oh well, it was still delicious. Then we went shopping at some little shops there in Hanalei.
We got back on the road and headed west for our favorite beach. There are lots of one lane bridges on Kaua'i and there was a car broken down on one of them. So we couldn't go to Ha'ena, it was such a bummer! We went to Hanalei Beach instead and swam, but it wasn't nearly as fun. Oh well.
On the way to the hotel we stopped at a fruit stand and bought some pineapples for Stockton and Brighton to take and share with their school classes. And then our trip was pretty much over. We showered in the hotel's courtesy room (for if you've already checked out but have a later flight) and then headed to the airport. We took a flight to Oahu and then took the redeye to SLC and then headed to Boise. It was awesome to see the kids again. Devon's parents watched them at our home while we were gone. They had fun for a few days and then Abe got to be a little too much of a stinker. Evelyn gave me my keys and said, "Here are your keys and here are your kids. Good-bye, I'm done!" I thought it was pretty funny. Thank-you so much Evelyn and Richard for your help!!!!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
a week in paradise: DAY 7
Posted by Tisha at 11:07 AM


