CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Hawaiian Like Me?

Oh boy, Devon and I just got back from our trip to Kaua'i and it was so wonderful. It was the best time of my life. I was not quite ready to come back home and be done with the vay-cay. I find myself listening nonstop to our hawaiian music and seriously wondering if I could learn to speak Hawaiian. I don't know why it would behoove me to know it - it's not like many people speak it. It is just so beautiful. And I also fantisize about learning to play the ukelele. I have 3 brothers that play guitar and my sister does a little, too. So I should be able to learn, right? But do I really have time to learn something like that right now? Probably not. There are so many things I am interested in and I have a hard time just choosing one or two to work on. Plus, my family takes up almost all my time. This life is not long enough to learn and experience all that I want! I will chronicle our Kaua'i trip soon on our blog.
The kids really missed us and we missed them. Everywhere we went, we imagined what they would like and what they wouldn't; what they would be terrified of and how much sunblock we would have to apply to their little bodies. It sure was easier to leave them at home in the care of grandparents! Aloha . . .
A hui hou.